We arrived at the show grounds, and found our stabling. Nancy and I were stabled in a permanent barn, and we fluffed the bedding and got them settled for the night. Storms were predicted through the night, and I hoped that would allow for more reasonable temperatures for the days ahead.
The next morning found us in the barn, staring at the flooded aisle and partly flooded stalls. But the day was cooler, and I was ready to go.
We walked the cross country course. Nancy and Aries were doing Novice; although they had not evented before, they had done jumpers for many years and Aries was game for anything.
Nancy and Aries hacking at the park with us
The course looked doable, although some of the max height fences made me a little leery. I walked it anticipating what Cap's reaction would be to each obstacle, and while I felt we would make it around, I decided the best thing was for him to have a safe, slow, confidence building trip.
As much as I wanted to stew over the cross country, however, there were more pressing matters... Dressage!

No comments:
Post a Comment