One Good Horse

One Good Horse

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Clip Cap Clip

While we were still at Marilyn's Mountain Hideaway, I decided to go ahead and clip Cappy. I wanted to be able to work him and not spend forever cooling him, and I would like to blanket him to save on the amount of time scraping mud so I could ride.

My patient steed, once terrified of clippers, stood quietly as I began the trace clip I had planned for him for winter. My little Wahl clippers whirred enthusiastically, undaunted (or lets face it, unaware) of the gargantuan task ahead of them.

These were not StablePros. These were the kind that are under 30 bucks and used mostly for tidying up trims.

Fortunately, I had two sets. As one started to get hot, despite the CoolLube I sprayed and cleaning solution they were dipped in to, I would switch to the other.

It was also after dark, and the lighting in the aisle isn't perfect. Cappy got turned around several times to take advantage of the light as I clipped evenly on each side before starting in on another area.

He turned out surprisingly even.



2 comments:

  1. Have you ever read the adventures of the $700 pony? I swear, that's how I thought this post was going to end up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have in fact read the $700 Pony. =)

    I actually did pretty well every time I clipped him (by eye!), but no proof until the following year ;-)

    ReplyDelete